Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Review of Red Sonja & What Happened After

Last week, September 10 to be exact, my review of Gail Simone's Red Sonja comic went live. I reviewed the first 6 issues for Blue Skirt Productions and it can be found here. Much positve feedback was recieved from friends and on Sunday, I decided to see what would happen if I Tweeted it to Gail Simone herself. 

Much to my delighted surprise, this happened:




It was a near-silent "SQUEE!!" of fangirl delight, as my husband was sleeping in the other room. I then contented myself with a ridiculously excited, all-caps Facebook status update followed by the screenshot above. Then a friend called & we geeked out over the phone about this experience, during which she discussed a recent Twitter interaction with artist JH Williams III. It was a good time. 

Afterwards, I got a new follower in the form of an indie comic publisher I hadn't heard of before, and when I looked the review's been shared to FB 21 times & 5 to Twitter. Pretty cool. Now I'm deciding what to do for October. It will definitely be fun to see where this goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment