Friday, February 12, 2016

Tour de Campbell's





This week, I've been sidelined by some sort of vile illness. A cough so bad after only 2 days that my doctor had me get a chest x-ray because of pneumonia concerns. Typically the "medicine of my people" is Campbell's chicken noodle, sprite or equivalent, and orange juice. (Medicine of my people is a reference to the South Park episode "Red Man's Greed." relevant clip here.)

This time around, at J's suggestion, I figured I'd mix it up a bit with cream of chicken...regular and other varieties. Yesterday was Cream of Chicken with herbs. It smelled like Stove Top or some other sort of stuffing/dressing. Taste was...as you would expect. cream of chicken, with stuff in. Would probably be tastier over some toasted bread or with croutons thrown in. I consumed with saltines, because that is my default accompaniment to soup - especially when sick.

Stay tuned for the next installment - cream of chicken with mushrooms! (Currently simmering on the stove.)


No comments:

Post a Comment